Key 2019 Trends
Today's consumers are spending more time than ever on personal devices and are invested in their voice assistants, which have quickly become an integral part of our everyday lives. "The voice technology category is evolving rapidly and will affect the digital marketing landscape in a similar way that mobile devices and smartphones did a decade ago—except maybe faster and more pervasively," says Raquel Rosenthal, CEO of Digilant, global digital media company.
While voice technology is forecast to have a breakout year in 2019, it is just one of ten key trends that Digilant identified in an effort keep clients and partners informed about marketplace developments and be successful in the coming year and beyond. As a leading programmatic marketing company, Digilant is constantly assessing the media marketplace to understand threats and opportunities, and take advantage of new channels, formats, and categories.
Voice, Digital Out of Home (OOH), Audio and programmatic TV are just of few of the trends included in our analysis. The top ten programmatic media buying trends for 2019 include:
- Prepare to embrace Voice Marketing as a new channel: Over 56 million smart speakers were shipped in 2018.
- Programmatic TV is seriously on the rise: eMarketer predicts U.S. advertisers will buy $3.8 billion in programmatic TV ads in 2019.
- Advertisers get serious about audio advertising: US people devote an average of 3.6 hours to their mobile device very day and 52 minutes of that is audio.
- Shoppable ads are taking off: Snapchatters are 20% more likely to make purchases on a mobile device after engaging with an ad.
- Digital Out of Home (DOOH) goes programmatic: 48% of consumers are more willing to click on a banner after being exposed to an DOOH ad.
- Media Buyers are using Artificial Intelligence (AI) for media optimization: 4 in 10 advertisers are using AI for better audience segmentation and media spend optimization.
- Agencies are consolidating their media and DSP partners: Less platforms cuts down on the ad tech tax.
- Showing fees is a growing imperative for ad buyers: Agencies are pushing for more transparent relationships.
- CMOs want programmatic as a skill in-house: 78% of U.S. digital display ad dollars were bought programmatically in 2018, which is predicted to grow in 2019.
- More brands will be bringing their media in-house vs. 2018: 64% of people that took Forrester's 'In-House Agency Forum" survey said that they used in-house agencies in 2019.
The digital landscape is evolving at a breakneck pace – marketers of every type are racing to keep up with the latest trends in digital technology. Many trust focused media buying expert to ferret out opportunities, and guard against aggressive upstarts. Digilant's infographic gives digital advertisers the information they need to help make 2019 a success.