The new original series will present the stories of these rising stars, who they are, where they come from and where they are going. With a combined following of 8 million fans on Instagram, the stars of “La Nueva” represent the new generation of Latin urban music.
The new generation artists featured in “La Nueva” are:
- Cazzu, explaining how she successfully transitioned music genres, from cumbia to trap, reaching millions of views on YouTube.
- Lyanno, who this summer will be opening for J Balvin in the U.S., and is considered “the new threat” by reggaeton legends DJ Urba and Rome.
- Paloma Mami, the New York native and her mom sharing the story of how she became a star in just a few months.
- Rauw Alejandro, after having worked alongside urban music legend Nicky Jam, Rauw Alejandro wants to be the next R&B superstar.
- Guaynaa, the Puerto Rican artist telling the story behind his megahit “Rebota” and how hurricane Maria changed his career.
- Alex Rose, the mastermind behind the hit “Toda,” recounting how the song put the new generation of urban Latin artists on the map.
“Premios Juventud,” a four-hour musical special, will kick-off live with the “PJ Takeover” at 7 p.m. ET/PT (6 p.m. CT) hosted by Borja Voces, Clarissa Molina and Jomari Goyso, followed by the Award Show hosted by CNCO, Lali and Alejandra Espinoza.