More than $1 million in previously awarded funding to the Hispanic Federation (HF), Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF), the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), The East Los Angeles Community Union (TELACU) Education Foundation, UnidosUS and the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) was reallocated to their COVID-19 response efforts.
Funding supports emergency assistance, information dissemination, small business support and academic assistance for the U.S. Hispanic community.
“Together, we can help reach more people with the critical information and resources they need,” said Al Smith, group vice president and Chief Social Innovation Officer, Toyota Motor North America. “We want our partners and communities to know that we are here for them now and beyond the crisis.”
Toyota’s efforts with its partners on behalf of the Hispanic community include:
Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF):
- Funding to provide support to K-12 students, parents and scholars
- Emergency relief for families struggling with food, housing, and tuition payments, as well as support for distance learning.
- The East Los Angeles Community Union (TELACU):
- Funding to provide comprehensive services to scholars.
- Funding for the COVID-19 Latino Nonprofit Emergency Assistance Fund.
- Emergency food relief to seniors, children, and families in New York.
League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC):
- Funding to create resources in Spanish about COVID-19, and distribute them via community network platforms.
- Funding to ensure accurate information and resources to slow the spread of COVID-19 are reaching the Latino community in English and Spanish.
- Small Business Suppor
United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC):
- Funding to provide economic relief resources and technical assistance to Hispanic and Minority-Owned Small Businesses that are heavily impacted by this COVID-19 crisis.
- Direct 24/7 bilingual technical assistance support on the CARES Act, the Paycheck Protection Program, Economic Impact Disaster Loan applications, banking/loan/liquidity questions, and other questions about general support.
- Connecting Hispanic-owned suppliers in the U.S. to buyers who quickly need supplies including gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, toilet paper, and other items.