“No privacy has been infringed in the marketing of this product.”
- Do you think consumers would care if a brand pitched its wares under this disclaimer?
- If you are a government official vulnerable to blackmail because, say, a foreign power has a “kompromat” in its possession (eg; a salacious video of your naked self canoodling with a sex worker in a hotel room), it is not a privacy issue, it is a matter of integrity.
- “Never do or say anything you wouldn’t do or say in front of your kids.”
- Or in front of your constituents.
- Or your significant other.